Kris Carter is looking for backers to produce a coffee table book about the Cardiff Railway.
The South Wales freelance artist and writer developed an interest in local history, urban decay and architecture. Kris began blogging about the history of the troubled project in 2013 and produced a fascinating series of articles. We really enjoyed his piece about Tongwynlais and featured it back in 2015.
He now wants to take this information and produce a coffee table book featuring high quality photos and maps. Kris is using Kickstarter to fund the project. He needs to raise £5,000 to be able to produce it.
The final book will feature:
- Newly written material and historical context for the imagery.
- Large print, high-resolution pictures sourced from the original archives, negatives and photographers where possible.
- Updated modern day photography and comparison photographs.
- Large scale maps (historical and modern-day).
- Glossy, high quality, A4 Landscape Hardcover book.
If you want to back the project there are several rewards depending on how much you pledge.
Latest posts by Jack Davies (see all)
- Natural Resources Wales to Remove Infected Larch Trees from Fforest Fawr - August 17, 2017
- Five Years On: Looking Back - July 27, 2017
- Retracing The Cardiff Railway - July 12, 2017