The Tongwynlais – Our Neighbourhood (TON) group have been successful in securing a grant from The City of Cardiff Council’s Neighbourhood Partnership Fund to set up a Time Credits scheme in the village. The TON group will work with Tempo, a social enterprise who specialise in setting up Time Credit programmes across the UK.
Time Credits are a form of community currency. A person gives an hour of their time to do something to help the community, in return they are given one credit that can then be spent on an hour’s worth of activity. This could be accessing a local leisure centre or theatre, visiting an attraction or attending an event in their own community.
The scheme will focus on increasing volunteering and encouraging people to share skills for the benefit of the community as well as encouraging people to run small scale community events and projects that will benefit the village.
In order to get the scheme up and running, TON are looking for volunteers. No experience is required and you’ll earn time credits for each hour you give!
TON need people to help with the following tasks. They will help teach you everything you need to know and you only need to commit the time you feel comfortable with.
- data entry and monitoring
- producing posters and publicity material
- distributing posters and publicity material
- social media and online presence
- writing articles and press releases
Events & Opportunities Team
- offer support to individuals and community groups in the planning and hosting of Time Credit events and projects
- developing ideas for earning and spending of time credits in the community
1 thought on “Time Credits are Coming to Tongwynlais”
Really good idea im in